Monday, April 30, 2007

T +1day

I actually don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I am clearly sore, but I don't know if I'm any more sore than I was yesterday. I was warned that I might not be able to get up from the toilet. But I can, with a little pulling and pushing of the sink counter and towel bar. I managed to walk to school to keep my legs loose. Stepping down anything, even the curb, is rather excruciating. And I scheduled a 90-minute massage for tomorrow. I think that one's going to hurt...

The Georgia Department of Revenue's way of customer service is by attrition. I noticed that the check I mailed them for my 2006 tax payment still has not been cashed. So I decided to call this morning and ask what is going on. Not that I'm eager to have them take my money, but I don't want to get fined, either. I was on hold for 57 minutes until I talked to a person. She promptly told me that she doesn't see anything posted, and transfered me to "accounting", where I was on hold for another 55 minutes, until my phone ran out of juice. I mean, if you have to have your customers hold for that long, isn't that a sure sign that you need to hire more people????????? I called the Federal IRS, this morning, too (though by accident). And I was only waiting for less than 2 minutes before speaking to a real person! I'd imagine there are more people calling the Federal IRS than there are people calling Georgia!

No comments: